Wednesday, March 31, 2010

3 Questions to Ask Before Committing Idolatry

Here is a very good article by Dustin Neely, 3 Questions to Ask Before Committing Idolatry as it relates to gadget purchases, specifically the new iPad.

"Do I get an iPad or not?" That is the question many are asking these days.

With the pending release of Apple's newest "magical and revolutionary device," April 3 has become the new December 25 for many. Adults everywhere, techies or not, are salivating for this new gadget like Ralphie for his Red Ryder BB gun.

In the process of determining whether or not I should take the plunge myself, I have begun asking some questions that might also help you in your process of prayerful evaluation. In fact, my hope is that they serve you well beyond this particular purchase but for others as well.

1. Is this a tool or a toy?

Is this an acute want or an actual need?

Continue Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment